Tomato Salad with Herb Salsa Verde
Spicy chili peppers add heat to a lime dressing.
“Tomatoes are the crown jewels of summer,” says Woldy Reyes, founder of Woldy Kusina, a catering company based in Brooklyn, New York. Delicious on their own, they’re elevated to the next level with an antioxidant-rich herb salsa.
Serves 4 to 6
Herb Salsa Verde Ingredients:
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 jalapeño or Fresno chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup finely chopped scallions
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 heirloom tomatoes, cut in slices
- 10 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ cup microgreens
- ½ cup cilantro or parsley leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground cracked black pepper
In a medium-size bowl, combine lime juice, lime zest, chili, garlic, and salt. Stir in parsley, cilantro, and scallions. Whisk in sweet chili sauce, fish sauce, and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Place tomatoes in a large serving bowl or platter. Sprinkle microgreens and herbs on top. Season with kosher salt and pepper.
Drizzle tomato salad with herb salsa verde.
Photography and styling by Jenny Huang