Shrimp Rice Noodle Salad
A creative take on the classic Vietnamese roll
“In addition to being a lean source of protein, shrimp are rich in vitamin B12 and selenium,” says New York City-based recipe developer Laura Rege. “Buy them pre-cooked to save time and pair them with fresh, crisp vegetables for a hot summer day.”
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- 2 ounces rice vermicelli noodles, cooked
- 1 ear of cooked corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 3½ ounces large pre-cooked shrimp, tails removed and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup romaine lettuce leaves, chopped
- ½ small carrot, julienned
- ½ Persian cucumber, julienned
- ¼ cup mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped roasted and salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons Nuoc Cham sauce
In a round airtight container, combine the noodles with the corn, shrimp, lettuce, carrot, cucumber, and mint.
Place peanuts in a small sandwich bag and store at room temperature.
Place the dressing in a separate airtight container and store along with the shrimp and noodles in the fridge.
At Your Desk
Top the noodles and shrimp salad with peanuts and Nuoc Cham sauce as desired.