Vegan Chopped Salad
Inflammation-fighting beets star in this colorful recipe.
“As soon as this recipe came on the menu it became our top-selling hyphenate salad,” says LA-based chef Helene Henderson of Malibu Farm, who recommends adding the protein of your choice such as grilled chicken or salmon.
Also in this series: Tofu Scramble and Zucchini Crust Pizza
For the vinaigrette:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup red wine vinaigrette
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
For the salad:
- 4 cups mixed romaine and kale, chopped
- 1 cup roasted butternut squash, chopped
- 1 cup roasted beets, chopped
- 1 cup cooked garbanzo beans
- 2 avocados, diced
Whisk together dijon mustard and red wine vinegar until emulsified, then slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with salt to taste and add the finely chopped chives.
Place romaine and kale on the bottom of a platter, top with squash, beets, garbanzo beans, and avocado.