Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
This hearty vegetarian dish is perfect post-workout.
Brussels sprouts contain cancer-fighting chemicals known as glucosinolates, which help protect the stomach's lining from bad bacteria such as the kind that causes ulcers. “They’re perfect with protein-packed white beans and a healthy carb such as red quinoa,” says Philadelphia-based recipe developer Robert Luessen.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- 6 ounces canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup and 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 stalk rosemary, finely diced
- ¼ cup red quinoa
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, shaved
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
In a small bowl, toss beans with one tablespoon olive oil and rosemary. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the quinoa until fragrant, stirring constantly for about three minutes.
In another small bowl, whisk together champagne vinegar and remaining ¼ cup of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper then store in an airtight container.
- Place the Brussels sprouts, cherry tomatoes, white beans, and quinoa in a separate airtight container and store everything in the fridge.
Top yogurt with hazelnuts, sesame seeds, and dried rose petals.