Start your morning with this energizing drink.
“The cocoa powder mirrors the complex earthiness of the mushroom and adds extra antioxidants, while the vanilla mellows out the bitterness,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger. Plus, cinnamon has been shown to help boost your metabolism.
- ¼ cup cold brew coffee
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon reishi mushroom powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for sprinkling
- Kosher salt
- 1½ cups unsweetened almond or other nut milk yogurt
- 1½ cups ice
In a blender, add the coffee, agave, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, reishi powder, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, yogurt, and ice. Blend until smooth.
Pour into two chilled glasses and sprinkle with additional cinnamon.