SUPER FRUIT SALAD
Toasted coconut adds a tropical flavor to a wintry dish.
“Persimmons are an unsung fruit,” says New York City-based recipe developer Julia Gartland. They’re a great source of vitamin A, vitamin C, and fiber, and contain anti-aging antioxidants. “Pair them with other vitamin-rich winter fruits such as satsuma or mandarins and this dish will brighten any morning.”
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- 1 small grapefruit, supremed
- 1 teaspoon grapefruit juice
- 1 satsuma, supremed
- 1 teaspoon satsuma juice
- 1 fuyu persimmon, skinned and sliced
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons toasted quinoa
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut flakes
In an airtight container, place the grapefruit, grapefruit juice, satsuma, satsuma juice, persimmon, pomegranate seeds, coconut oil, and maple syrup.
Pack mint leaves, crunchy quinoa, and coconut flakes into small separate containers or plastic baggies and store everything in the fridge.
Top the citrus with mint leaves, quinoa, and toasted coconut flakes.