HERBED CHICKPEA SALAD
Top it with a dollop of yogurt.
“This nutrient-packed salad doesn’t require any greens. The chickpeas give you enough protein to stay energized throughout the day,” says New York City-based recipe developer Julia Gartland. “The bright herbs are a great way to elevate the dish both in presentation and taste.”
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 four-minute egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ cup microgreens
- 2 tablespoons roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed plain yogurt
In an airtight container, add chickpeas with lemon juice, olive oil, flaky sea salt, and freshly ground pepper.
Place the egg, herbs and microgreens, almonds, and yogurt in four separate small containers and store everything in the fridge.
Toss chickpeas together with herbs, microgreens, and almonds. Peel the egg and slice in half then add to chickpeas. Dollop yogurt overtop.