Spinach and Egg Muffins
Take advantage of the yolk.
Whole eggs provide a host of benefits, says Lisa Hayim, R.D., a New York City-based nutritionist and founder of The Well Necessities. “Not only do they help athletes build muscle more than egg whites alone, but the yolks are full of important nutrients that support brain health such as lutein and zeaxanthin.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here to view the full plan.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup raw spinach, roughly chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place four liners in a muffin tin.
- Crack eggs into a medium bowl and use a whisk to combine the spinach, bell pepper, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and place in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to be eaten.