Seeded crispbreads add crunch to this seasonal dish.
“This simple take on chicken salad has all of the bright flavors of a Thanksgiving stuffing, but with the refreshing crispness of apple and celery,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger. “I like to use a little mayo in the dressing to add depth to the Greek yogurt, but that step is optional.”
This recipe is part of our Thanksgiving Leftovers Meal Prep. Get the full plan here.
- 1 tablespoon 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard vinaigrette
- 1 cup turkey, shredded
- 2 tablespoons apple, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, finely chopped
- Kosher salt
- Seeded crispbreads
- Persian cucumber spears
- 1 ounce aged white cheddar, sliced
- Condiment kit
In a medium bowl, whisk the yogurt with the mayo and vinaigrette until smooth. Fold in the turkey, apple, celery, celery leaves, parsley, and tarragon and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to an airtight container.
Put the crispbreads in a small resealable plastic bag with the cucumber spears and cheddar.
At your desk
Place the turkey-apple salad on the crispbreads and enjoy with the cucumber spears and white cheddar. Add a squeeze of lemon, crushed red pepper, and flaky sea salt as desired from the condiment kit.