Jarred Tofu Salad
Layering sturdy veggies on the bottom ensures the greens stay crisp.
“This colorful salad is full of fiber, vitamin C, protein, and good fats from the nuts and seeds,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger. “You can play with whatever vegetables you have on hand or pick up items from your grocery store’s salad bar.”
- 3 tablespoons chimichurri vinaigrette
- ⅓ cup roasted beets, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Persian or English cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ cup roasted broccoli
- ½ cup crispy baked tofu
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup broccoli sprouts
- Lemon wedge, for serving
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon roasted salted pepitas
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
In a wide-mouth pint-size jar, layer the vinaigrette, beet, cucumber, broccoli, tofu, feta, spinach, sprouts, and lemon wedge in that order.
- In a small resalable plastic bag, pack up the walnuts and pepitas, then store everything in the fridge.
AT YOUR DESK
- Squeeze the lemon into the jar and discard the wedge. Seal the jar and shake to distribute the vinaigrette. Add the walnuts and pepitas and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Seal, shake once more, and enjoy.