Broccoli-and-Crispy-Tofu Rice Bowl
A combination of two delicious sauces elevates this vegetarian dish.
“This protein-packed bowl will keep you feeling full and energized,” says Denver recipe-developer Julia Heffelfinger. “Just sprinkle a little water over the rice before microwaving, which will help it soften a bit when reheated.”
- ½ cup dry brown long grain rice
- 1 cup roasted broccoli
- ¾ cup crispy baked tofu
- 2 tablespoons chimichurri vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons miso-tahini yogurt
- Lemon wedge, for serving
- Flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- In a mesh sieve, rinse the rice until the water runs clear. Cook the rice according to the package instructions. When all of the water is absorbed, remove the rice from the heat and fluff with a fork. Cover with a cloth kitchen towel, then cover with the lid of the saucepan. Let steam for ten minutes. Spread the rice on a plate to cool.
- In an airtight container, pack up one cup of the cooked rice, the broccoli, and tofu. Save the remaining rice for another use.
- In three separate small airtight containers, pack up the vinaigrette, yogurt, and lemon wedge, then store everything in the fridge.
AT YOUR DESK
- Sprinkle the rice with one tablespoon of water. Microwave the rice, broccoli, and tofu, until hot, about two minutes.
- Drizzle with the vinaigrette and yogurt. Squeeze the lemon wedge over the bowl and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.