This simple recipe packs a peppery punch.
“Olive oil and walnuts add healthy fats to this versatile condiment,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger. It can be stored in the fridge for up to one week.
This recipe is part of our Thanksgiving Leftovers Meal Prep. Get the full plan here.
Yields 1 cup
- 1 cup packed baby arugula
- 1 cup packed basil leaves
- ½ cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/3 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
In a food processor, pulse the arugula, basil, walnuts, parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, and crushed red pepper until finely chopped. With the machine running, stream in the olive oil until incorporated. Season with salt and black pepper. Transfer to a small bowl.