Chicken Salad Wrap
Tangy lemon juice brightens this healthy dish.
“Collard green leaves make for a nutritious outer layer for this chicken salad that’s mixed with greek yogurt in place of mayonnaise,” says chef Holly Erickson, who co-founded The Modern Proper with fellow chef Natalie Mortimer.
- 2 collard leaves
- 1 cup shredded chicken from green goddess spatchocked chicken
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 radish, julienned
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ¼ avocado, unpeeled
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ½ nectarine, sliced
- Wash and dry the collard leaves. Using a paring knife, slowly shave the center rib until it is the same thickness as the leaf. Gently fold the leaves and store in a plastic sandwich bag.
- Mix the shredded chicken with the yogurt, lemon juice, radish, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and scallions. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- Put the avocado and fruit (blueberries and nectarines) in two separate containers and store in the fridge.
At Your Desk
- Slice the avocado. Carefully unwrap the collards and fill with chicken salad and avocado slices. Wrap tightly by folding both of the ends up first before rolling it.
- Enjoy alongside a dessert of fresh summer fruit.