Avocado egg salad
A Lebanese spice blend upgrades this sweet-savory dish.
“This protein-packed egg salad is perfect for filling a whole wheat pita and enjoying along with simple mozzarella skewers,” says chef Natalie Mortimer, who co-founded The Modern Proper with fellow chef Holly Erickson.
- ½ cup spinach
- 2 4-minute eggs
- 1 Persian cucumber
- ½ avocado, skin on
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (from olive bar), thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
- 4 marinated tomatoes (from olive bar)
- 4 olives
- 4 small marinated mozzarella balls (from olive bar)
- 1 small whole wheat pita
- Put the spinach, eggs, cucumber, avocado, sun-dried tomatoes and za’atar in an airtight container.
- Thread the tomatoes, olives, and mozzarella balls onto two 6-inch skewers. Place in an airtight container or sandwich bag and store everything in the fridge.
At your desk
- Dice the avocado, eggs, and cucumbers, then gently smash the three ingredients together. Place the mixture inside the pita along with the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Enjoy with the mozzarella skewers.