Grilled Little Gem Salad
This easy side dish is ideal for a summer cookout.
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
- ½ tablespoon grated garlic
- 2 heads gem lettuce or romaine
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Parsley, torn (for garnish)
Heat a grill to medium heat.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, shallot, vinegar, garlic, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
Slice lettuce heads into four parts and brush olive oil onto the cut side. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill lettuce, cut side down, until lightly charred, about 2 minutes.
Remove from grill and place on a plate. Add cherry tomatoes and drizzle marinade over lettuce; season with another pinch of salt and pepper and garnish with torn parsley.