A healthy version of the classic French condiment
"This sauce is similar to egg salad," says Katzie Guy-Hamilton, chef and director of food and beverage at Equinox. It's a great way to elevate meal prep recipes but it can also be used on everything from grilled steak to salads.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for all the details.
Yields ½ cup
- 2 6-minute hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cornichons (mini pickles)
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Remove egg yolks and place in bowl.
Dice egg whites and cornichons, add to bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Break up yolk with a fork or spoon and stir mixture together.
- Store in fridge until ready for use.