Drizzle or dip your tacos in this addictive, savory condiment.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Makes about 1½ cups
Click here for more recipes in this series.
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup shiro (white) miso
- 1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons agave syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- In a small skillet, toast the sesame seeds over moderately-low heat until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Stir frequently and keep an eye on them, as they can burn easily.
Once toasted, transfer the sesame seeds to a blender or food processor, and add the miso, mirin, rice vinegar, agave syrup, and ½ cup water. Purée until smooth, a minute or two, adding more water if needed (the sauce should have the consistency of a creamy salad dressing). Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Just before serving, swirl in the sesame oil.