AVOCADO HUMMUS BOWL WITH TOAST
Try a deconstructed version of the much-loved staple.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Click here for more recipes in this series.
- One 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley leaves, plus ¼ cup torn fresh parsley leaves
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 small garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 slices rustic whole-grain toast, for serving
- In a food processor, blend chickpeas, avocado, packed parsley leaves, tahini, ice water, lime juice, garlic, cumin, and ½ teaspoon salt until smooth, about 1 minute. With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil until combined. Season with additional salt, if needed.
Set up four shallow bowls. Spread ¼ of the avocado hummus in the bottom of each, then top each with 1 tablespoon of yogurt. Sprinkle over torn parsley leaves and garnish with pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, and sesame seeds. Drizzle over more olive oil and serve with toast.