ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH COMPOTE
Serve this spiced spread with lamb, pork, and beef.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for full plan.
- 1 small butternut squash, halved and seeded
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 3 sprigs thyme, whole
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 1 shallot, minced and sautéed
- ¼ teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix butternut squash with cinnamon, brown sugar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread thyme and garlic on the cut side. Arrange squash, cut side down, on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until soft. Let cool, then remove thyme stems.
- Scrape the squash into a food processor; discard skin. Add shallot, coriander, and vinegar and blend until smooth. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.