ROASTED ALMOND BUTTER
This homemade version is free of excess sodium and sugar.
Makes 1 pint
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for full plan.
- 2 cups whole unsalted almonds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup coconut oil, or more to reach desired consistency
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a small bowl, toss almonds with maple syrup to coat evenly. Spread almonds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, stir roasted almonds with hemp seeds, chia seeds, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
In small batches, blend ingredients in a food processor, adding coconut oil tablespoon by tablespoon until it reaches the desired consistency. (It'll take about 5 to 10 minutes to become smooth.) Store butter in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 1 month.