CHICKEN SANDWICH WITH VEGGIE CHIPS
Caraway aioli adds an enticing anise flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for full plan.
Root Vegetable Chips Ingredients:
- 4 cups grapeseed or sunflower oil
- 2 root vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, parsnips, or beets, sliced very thin
- 1 apple, cored and thinly julienned
- 3 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced in half moons
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon caraway seeds, toasted
- Black pepper
- 8 pieces rye or whole-grain bread, toasted
- 2 tablespoons caraway aioli
- 4 cups roasted chicken breast or thigh meat, cut or pulled into thin strips
Arrange 2 or 3 paper towels on a plate. In a medium saucepan, bring oil to a medium-high heat. Once hot, add a single layer of vegetable slices. Fry chips in batches until golden-brown and crisp. Place the chips on the paper towels. Season with salt.
For the slaw, mix the apple, green cabbage, and red onion together in a bowl.
Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, grapeseed oil, sugar, caraway seeds, salt, and pepper. Pour over the apple-cabbage-onion mixture and toss.
- To make the sandwich, spread aioli on one slice of toasted bread. Top with chicken, slaw, and a second slice of toast. Serve with root vegetable chips.