CHIA PUDDING PARFAIT
This anti-inflammatory meal features turmeric, coconut milk, and pecans.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
PECAN-SESAME GRANOLA INGREDIENTS:
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 8 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup large-flake unsweetened coconut
- 1½ cups pecans, roughly chopped
- ½ cup white sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1¼ cups grapeseed oil
- 1¾ cups maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia pudding
- 1 fresh peach or nectarine, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pecan-sesame granola
For the granola, preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Coat with cooking spray. In a large bowl, mix oats, coconut, pecans, sesame seeds, cinnamon, and salt. Toss with grapeseed oil, followed by maple syrup and vanilla extract. Spread granola onto baking sheets and bake, rotating halfway through and stirring, until golden brown, about 40 to 45 minutes. When cool, store in an airtight container out of direct sunlight, for up to 8 weeks.
- For the parfait, layer all ingredients in a glass or portable container.