BULGUR PILAF & QUICK LAMB KÖFTE
Currants, ginger, and cinnamon add Middle Eastern flavors.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for full plan.
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons finely minced fresh turmeric
- Black pepper
- ¼ cup onion, minced
- 3 cups prepared bulgur
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons currants
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Toss cauliflower with 3 tablespoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh turmeric, salt, and pepper. Roast until browned, about 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix together all lamb köfte ingredients (except olive oil). Form oblong balls, 1 to 1½ inches long.
- Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs until browned and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes.
To finish the bulgar, cook onion and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium sauté pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add bulgur, 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh turmeric, ginger, currants, salt, and pepper. Turn up the heat to medium-high and sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes. Serve bulgur and cauliflower with the lamb köfte.