The sweet fruit balances the savory fish.
“Papaya is a rich source of enzymes that aid in digestive health and promote beautiful skin and nails,” says New York City-based recipe developer Laura Rege. “It’s a great summer addition to elevate your favorite fish.”
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
For the Pico de Gallo
- ½ cup papaya, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons red onion, minced
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the tacos
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 3-ounce fillet of poached salmon, cut into small pieces
- ¼ cup red cabbage, finely shredded
- ½ avocado
- Sea salt
In a small airtight container, combine all pico de gallo ingredients.
Place the corn tortillas in a small sandwich bag and store at room temp.
Place the salmon in an airtight container. In another airtight container, place the cabbage and avocado and store everything in the fridge.
At Your Desk
Top tortillas with salmon, papaya pico de gallo, red cabbage, and avocado. Season with salt as desired.