Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
Top it with potassium-rich avocado.
“This recipe uses two cruciferous vegetables, cauliflower and kale, which both contain cancer-fighting compounds and help regulate the endocrine system,” says New York City-based recipe developer Laura Rege.
- ½ small head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- ¾ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups packed curly leaf kale leaves, torn into small pieces
- ¼ cup basil leaves, torn if large
- ½ avocado, sliced
- ⅛ cup roasted Romanesco
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the cauliflower with the chickpeas and olive oil on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Stir the cauliflower and chickpeas and place the kale on top. Return the baking sheet to the oven and continue to roast until cauliflower is tender and kale is wilted, about 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and once cooled, place in an airtight container with basil leaves.
- Place avocado and Romanesco sauce in two separate airtight containers and store everything in the fridge.
At Your Desk
- Top cauliflower and chickpea salad with avocado and drizzle with Romanesco sauce.