Melon and Feta Bulgur Salad
Chopped almonds add crunch and healthy fats to this vegetarian recipe.
“Bulgur is a type of grain that’s high in minerals like manganese, magnesium, and iron,” says New York City-based recipe developer Laura Rege. “It’s also good source of plant-based protein.”
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- ¾ cup bulgur, cooked
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 strips lemon zest, finely shredded
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped honeydew, cantaloupe, or combination
- 2 ounces feta, preferably sheep's milk
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- Sea salt
In an airtight container, combine the bulgur with the mint, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil.
Place the melon and feta in two separate airtight containers and store everything in the fridge.
Place the almonds in a small sandwich bag and store at room temp.
At Your Desk
Top bulgur with melon, feta, and almonds. Season with salt and pepper as desired.