Raw Green Corn Soup
This gazpacho is similar to a vegetable smoothie.
“Hydrating cucumbers add a cooling element, offsetting the natural sweetness of the corn and eliminating the need for water or broth,” says New York City-based recipe developer Laura Rege. “A drizzle of coconut yogurt offers a creamy finish.”
- 2 ears of cooked corn, shucked and kernels removed
- 1 small radish, very thinly sliced
- 2 Persian cucumbers, roughly chopped
- ½ cup baby spinach, packed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut yogurt
Place one cup of corn kernels in a blender. Place the remaining kernels in a small sandwich bag with radish for garnish.
Add cucumber, spinach, oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon of salt to the blender with the corn. Purée until smooth, season with salt, and pour into a round airtight container.
In a separate airtight container, whisk the coconut yogurt with water (about two tablespoons) until it yields the consistency of a thick creamy salad dressing. Add a large pinch of salt. Store everything in the fridge.
At Your Desk
Top soup with crunchy corn and radish. Shake the yogurt sauce to combine and drizzle over soup. Serve cold.