Try this savory, Asian-inspired breakfast.
“This hearty bowl gets plenty of protein thanks to a jammy six-minute egg and antioxidant-rich turmeric helps boost the immune system,” says New York City-based recipe developer Julia Gartland.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon white miso paste
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup cooked buckwheat porridge
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 six-minute egg
- ¼ cup scallion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, add the oats, cashews, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Toss well with your hands to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract, maple syrup, coconut oil, and dried cherries. Using your hands, toss to coat so that the granola feels well mixed and damp throughout.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a large baking sheet, making sure to pack it into a rectangle shape. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes without stirring, or until golden brown and dry to the touch.
Set aside to cool, untouched, for 20 minutes, then store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Heat the porridge for 30 to 45 seconds or until gently warmed throughout. Peel the egg, slice in half and add to the porridge along with the scallions.