Skip the store-bought kind and make this DIY version.
“This homemade yogurt promotes a healthy microbiome since it feeds the good bacteria in the gut,” says Lisa Hayim, R.D., a registered nutritionist based in New York City and founder of The Well Necessities.This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- ½ can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 probiotic capsules
In a blender, combine coconut milk with strawberries and vanilla extract.
- Empty probiotic capsules into the mixture and stir well.
- Pour into a mason jar with a loose lid and place in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove from the fridge and stir well. Place back in the fridge until ready to eat, allowing another 24 hours for the best consistency.