Almond Butter Loaded Sweet Potato
Skip the pancakes and indulge your sweet tooth with this healthy recipe.
“This hearty recipe features a great mix of protein thanks to the Greek yogurt, healthy fats from nut butter, and complex carbs from the potato that will keep you energized,” says Lisa Hayim, R.D., a New York City-based nutritionist and founder of The Well Necessities. Pro tip: Eat the skin for extra fiber, potassium, and flavor, she adds.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here to view the full plan.
- 1 medium baked sweet potato
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ cup unsweetened plain Greek yogurt
- ½ large banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Using a sharp knife, split the potato open lengthwise just enough to pour in the yogurt. Drizzle in the almond butter, then top with the banana and cinnamon.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to be eaten.