Banana Quinoa Muffins
Enjoy these for breakfast or as a post-workout snack.
“The chocolate flavor and dark color in this recipe comes from raw cacao powder, which has even more antioxidant power than blueberries,” says Lisa Hayim, R.D., a New York City-based nutritionist and founder of The Well Necessities. These muffins can be frozen, so feel free to double or triple the recipe.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for the full plan.
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 5 tablespoons unsweetened peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a small bowl, mash the bananas and then mix in the rest of the ingredients.
- Place six liners in a muffin pan and divide the batter among them equally, then bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.