Simple Roasted Vegetables
A foolproof recipe for cauliflower, carrots, and Brussels sprouts.
“Preheating the baking sheet in the oven gives these vegetables a nice sear,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger. “You should hear them sizzle when you spread them on the baking sheet. Also, make sure that your vegetables are all around the same size so that they cook in the same time.”
Yields about 3 cups
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for all the details.
- ½-pound trimmed cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cup Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 small red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and place a large rimmed baking sheet on the middle rack. In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- When the oven is ready and the baking sheet is hot, carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and spread the vegetables in a single layer. Place back in the oven and roast the vegetables until browned and tender, about 30 minutes, flipping them halfway through. Remove vegetables from the oven and allow to cool. Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge.