Lemony Chicken Meatballs
This tasty recipe comes together in under 30 minutes.
“The secret to these protein-packed morsels is using dark meat instead of white, which helps them stay extra-moist in the oven,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for all the details.
Yields 12 meatballs
- 1 pound ground dark meat chicken
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup panko or dried fresh breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the olive oil. Using your hands or a 1¾-inch ice cream scoop, portion out the meatballs and transfer them to the prepared baking sheet. You should have about 12 meatballs. Brush the meatballs with the olive oil and bake until cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.