Hummus Bowl Bento Box
Farro adds extra fiber to this hearty recipe.
“Every element of this veggie- and protein-packed bento box can be eaten separately, or you can mix it up as you would in a bowl,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for all the details.
- 1 cup romaine lettuce, thinly sliced
- 1 small scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons small dill sprigs
- ¼ cup mixed olives
- 1 Persian cucumber, quartered lengthwise
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- Lemon wedge
- 4 lemony chicken meatballs
- ¼ cup tahini lovers hummus
- 3 tablespoons spiced yogurt
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Flaky sea salt
- In a small bowl, toss the romaine with the scallion and dill. In a large airtight container or bento box, arrange the salad, olives, cucumber, feta, and lemon wedge. In separate compartments or airtight containers, place the meatballs, hummus, and yogurt, then store everything in the fridge.
AT YOUR DESK
- On a small plate, microwave the meatballs on high for one minute, if you’d like them warm. Add to the bento box.
- Squeeze the lemon over the romaine salad and discard the wedge. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky sea salt.