Easy Skillet Kale
This five-ingredient recipe holds up well to reheating.
“Cooking kale quickly in a very hot skillet gives the greens a slight smokiness,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger. “Plus, since the Lacinato variety is a sturdy green, it’s easy to heat up later in the week.”
Yields 2 cups
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for all the details.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small bunch Lacinato kale, stemmed and leaves chopped
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt
- Lemon wedge
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the kale, crushed red pepper, and a pinch of salt and cook over high heat, until the kale is tender and charred in spots, about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with more salt as desired. Squeeze the lemon over the top then store in an airtight container in the fridge.