Coconut-and-Harissa-Tofu Soup Cup
This instant meal is perfect for winter weather.
“This fresh take on noodle soup is packed with crunchy vegetables and gets creamy broth from the addition of calcium- and magnesium-rich coconut milk,” says Denver-based recipe developer Julia Heffelfinger. “The key is to cut the vegetables into small pieces so that everything can heat through when the hot water is added.”
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon harissa paste
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup crispy baked tofu
- 1 cup baby bok choy, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Lemon wedge, for serving
- In a heatproof, wide-mouth pint-size jar, layer the coconut milk, harissa, fish sauce, ginger, chickpeas, tofu, bok choy, bell pepper, scallion, cilantro, a generous pinch of salt, and the lemon wedge. Seal the lid and refrigerate until ready to eat.
AT YOUR DESK
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the jar and discard the wedge. Cover with boiling water, seal the jar, and let steep for two to three minutes. Stir well and serve.