Summer Chicken and Spinach Salad
Fresh seasonal fruit adds sweet flavor to this savory lunch.
“This salad with antioxidant-rich blueberries and juicy, vitamin A-filled nectarines packs a flavorful, nutritious punch,” says chef Natalie Mortimer, who co-founded The Modern Proper with fellow chef Holly Erickson.
For the Salad
- 1 breast from green goddess spatchcocked chicken
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ nectarine, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ avocado
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
For the Citrus Dressing
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fresh pepper, to taste
- Slice the chicken breast and place in an airtight container.
- Place the spinach in a large airtight container and the nectarine slices, blueberries, and avocado in a separate container.
- In a small jar or container, mix together all the ingredients for the citrus dressing. Shake until combined. Store all containers in the fridge along with a plastic sandwich bag containing the slivered almonds.
At Your Desk
- Dice the avocado. Top the spinach with the roasted chicken breast, nectarines, blueberries, avocado, and almonds.
- Shake dressing container until combined and drizzle over the salad. Toss to combine.