Za’atar Roasted Cauliflower
Upgrade veggies with this Middle Eastern-inspired recipe.
“The spice blend za’atar with its earthy notes is a great way to elevate roasted vegetables,” says Natalie Mortimer, who co-founded The Modern Proper with fellow chef Holly Erickson. It’s made with thyme, oregano, and sumac, spices which are known for their anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties.
- ½ head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon za’atar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread cauliflower onto a parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Toss until coated (adding more if needed).
- Sprinkle with za’atar, sea salt, and black pepper and roast on the center rack for 45 minutes. If you prefer crispier cauliflower, roast for an additional 15 minutes.