Stuffed Avocado with Tuna Salad
This no-cook dish comes together in less than 10 minutes.
“Flavorful protein-packed chickpeas make the filling for this tasty stuffed avocado, which gets terrific spice thanks to smoked paprika,” says Holly Erickson, who co-founded The Modern Proper with fellow chef Natalie Mortimer. “Plus, the simple tuna side salad featuring yogurt instead of mayo delivers extra protein and healthy fats to keep you full longer.”
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for all the details.
- ⅓ cup chickpeas
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ avocado
- 10 mung bean sprouts
- 2 radishes, sliced
- ¼ cup feta
- ¼ vegan chipotle sauce
Simple Tuna Salad Ingredients:
- 1 3-ounce pouch tuna fish, such as Safe Catch or Blue Harbor brand
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon za’atar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ cup microgreens
- ¼ cup quick-pickled onions
Place the chickpeas in a small bowl and season with the salt, pepper, garlic powder and smoked paprika. Take the avocado and place it in an airtight container alongside the bean sprouts, radishes, feta, and seasoned chickpeas.
- Place the vegan chipotle sauce in a small container and place everything in the fridge.
Simple Tuna Salad Directions:
- Mix the tuna with the yogurt, olive oil, za’atar, and lemon juice. Place in an airtight container.
- Place the microgreens in an airtight container and place in the fridge alongside a jar containing ¼ cup pickled onions.
At Your Desk:
- Remove the pit and skin from the avocado. Layer it with seasoned chickpeas, sprouts, radishes and feta. Drizzle it with the vegan chipotle sauce.
- Serve alongside a salad of microgreens, tuna fish, and pickled onions.