Spicy Cauliflower Tacos
Serve these with a refreshing, light, Asian-inspired noodle salad.
“The heat in these spicy lettuce-wrapped tacos is beautifully balanced when paired with a cucumber noodle salad dressed with the tangy flavors of mint, tamari, lime juice, and sesame oil,” says Natalie Mortimer, who co-founded The Modern Proper with fellow chef Holly Erickson. Plus, hearty cauliflower is a great source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber.
For the Tacos:
For the Cucumber Noodle Salad:
- ¾ English cucumber, spiralized
- ½ lime, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon tamari or soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon chilli paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- Store the lettuce leaves between a folded paper towel in a small plastic bag.
- Store the roasted cauliflower in a small airtight container. Place the radishes in a separate airtight container alongside the cilantro, avocado, and lime. Place the pickled ginger and sriracha mayo dressing in two separate containers and store in the fridge next to the cauliflower.
- In a small bowl, whisk the juice and zest of the lime, sesame oil, tamari, and chili paste until fully incorporated. Toss the dressing with the cucumber noodles and store in the fridge alongside an airtight container with the mint, cilantro, and sesame seeds.
At Your Desk:
- Heat the cauliflower in the microwave for 45 seconds or serve at room temperature.
- Divide the cauliflower evenly and place into the butter lettuce cups. Top with radishes and cilantro. Dice the avocado and place in the tacos.
- Sprinkle with a squeeze of lime juice, pickled ginger, and drizzle with sriracha mayo.
- Enjoy with cucumber salad, sprinkled with mint, cilantro, and sesame seeds.