Roasted Asparagus with Eggs and Smoked Salmon
This easy make-ahead salad comes together in just 15 minutes.
"This simple, nourishing dish is high in protein thanks to smoked salmon and eggs," says Katzie Guy-Hamilton, chef and director of food and beverage at Equinox. It's ideal for lunch meal prep but you can also serve it for a savory breakfast or quick weeknight dinner.
Pro tip: To make this dish even heartier, pack a piece of sourdough bread. Toast it at your office then drizzle with olive oil and pile the eggs, salmon, and asparagus on top.
This recipe is part of our meal prep series. Click here for all the details.
- 12 asparagus spears
- 2 teaspoons oregano oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 6-minute eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Trim asparagus ends and discard.
- Toss asparagus in oregano oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on a tray and roast for ten minutes.
- Place asparagus in the bottom of a salad container.
- Slice two eggs into discs, place on top of asparagus.
- Sprinkle with paprika and red pepper flakes.
- Top with ribbons of smoked salmon and then arugula.
At your desk:
Garnish the salad with additional oregano oil, lemon, and pumpkin seeds as desired.