Raw Brussels Sprouts Slaw
This easy, no-cook side dish comes together in under 30 minutes.
“This take on the typical cabbage slaw uses cashews instead of mayonnaise for a healthier alternative,” says private chef Danny Newberg of Joint Venture. It can be prepared hours in advance of serving or just minutes before.
4 cups Brussels sprouts
1 Bosc pear
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup pre-salted and pre-roasted cashews
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon crushed chili flakes
1. Leaving the stem on, slice all sprouts as thinly as possible, cutting horizontally.
2. Place Brussels sprouts in a bowl and season with 1/2 tablespoon of salt. Massage the salt into the cut Brussels sprouts and let sit for 15 minutes.
3. Cut radish and pear into a thin julienne.
4. Smash roasted cashews with the bottom of a pot on a flat surface.
5. Toss radish, pear, and cashews into the bowl with the Brussels sprouts. Then add in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, and crushed chili flakes.
To Serve: Toss well and add salt and pepper to taste.