Eggplant, Parmesan, Pistachio Cornmeal Pizzetti
<em>Serves 4</em><br />
2 tsp. active dry yeast<br />
1 tsp. sugar<br />
2/3 c. warm water<br />
1½ c. all-purpose flour, plus more for work surface. Or, feel free to use gluten-free flour (pizza blend preferred)<br />
1 scoop Designer Whey Protein Powder<br />
¼ c. cornmeal, plus some more for the baking sheet<br />
2 tsp. kosher salt<br />
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil<br />
1 eggplant, washed, sliced into half-moons<br />
1 c. shaved parmesan<br />
½ c. pistachios, shelled<br />
1. In a stand mixer, fitted with bread hook, combine yeast, sugar and warm water. Let sit until foamy, approx. 5 minutes. <br />
2. Add in olive oil, salt and Designer Whey Protein Powder. Mix until protein powder dissolves.
3. Turn the mixer on a low speed and gradually add in flour. Mix until dough has formed and pulls easily from the side of the bowl. Add more flour if needed to make dough less sticky.<br />
4. Spray a medium mixing bowl with non-stick spray. Place dough in the bowl and cover for 1 hour while dough rises.
5. Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees (convection setting is preferred).
6. Lightly flour flat work surface and begin to gently knead dough. Divide dough in 4 equal pieces. <br />
7. Using fingertips or rolling pin, gently work dough into rounds. Top pizzettas with eggplant, parmesan and pistachios.<br />
8. Sprinkle 2 foil-lined baking sheet with cornmeal and place pizzettas a few inches apart. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.</p>