Matcha Goes Gourmet
Five creative recipes that incorporate our new favorite nutrient pow(d)erhouse.
Share This Article
Matcha, the distinctively green Japanese tea, is having a well-deserved moment. Jam-packed with metabolism-boosting antioxidants, detoxifying chlorophyll, and anxiety-reducing aminos, it’s a superfood in every way. Monks have been consuming the powder in tea form for ages; these days, health-minded chefs and recipe developers around the country are upgrading the classic. Herewith, five inventive recipes.
4 c. vanilla almond milk
1 c. chia seeds
1 pinch ground vanilla seeds
¼ c. sunflower seeds, toasted
½ banana, sliced
1 apple, chopped
1 tsp. matcha powder
Dried cranberries, to garnish
1. Put almond milk and chia seeds in a large bowl or mason jar.
2. Mix well and let sit for 2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes.
3. Stir in vanilla seeds.
4. Divide, then top with sunflower seeds, banana, apples, and dried cranberries.
5. Sprinkle matcha powder over the mixture for caffeine, antioxidants, and chlorophyll. (Alternately, you can stir the matcha into the chia seed and almond milk before refrigerating.)
Ingredients: 1 c. vegetable oil
½ c. rice vinegar
¼ c. soy sauce
1 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. grated ginger
2 medium carrots
½ c. yellow onion, chopped
Matcha to taste (we use 2 tsp.)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and process until the mixture is smooth and well incorporated. Toss with lettuce leaves, a salad, or spread it on a sandwich or wrap.
2 scoops Panatea ceremonial grade matcha
11 oz. coconut water
1 handful ice
1. Add ingredients to a blender.
2. Blend until smooth.
3. Pour and enjoy.
Vanilla Oolong Matcha Syrup Ingredients:
3 tbsp. loose Oolong Vanilla tea (if you can’t find, sub regular Oolong tea plus 1 split vanilla pod)
1 c. sugar
4 c. water
1 tbsp matcha
2 oz. Bulleit Bourbon
3 oz. soy milk
1 oz. Vanilla Oolong Matcha Syrup
Directions for the syrup:
1. Boil sugar and water until sugar dissolves. Steep tea for 3-4 minutes. Strain immediately. Sift matcha into syrup and incorporate well.
Directions for the cocktail:
1. Add all ingredients into a steaming pitcher, if you have, and seam until frothy. Alternately, you can heat this lightly in a saucepan.