Video: Michael Chernow's
Fresh Pear Mint Lemonade
The Meatball Shop co-owner's healthy, seasonal twist on the summery drink.
Share This Article
For Michael Chernow, co-owner of NYC's cultishly popular Meatball Shop, drinks are never just an afterthought. For the second video in our series filmed in Chernow's Brooklyn kitchen, the former bartender and newly minted author (whose cookbook with partner Daniel Holzman debuts November 1) takes advantage of fall's perfect pears to mix up a seasonal, healthy twist on summer lemonade.
Watch the video above for his step-by-step tips, and read on for the recipe below.
Pear Lemonade with Fresh Mint
4 tbsp. pear jam (see recipe below)
1 lemon, cut in half
2 sprigs fresh mint
Still or sparkling water
1. Divide the pear jam and mint into two large water glasses and muddle using the back of a wooden spoon.
2. Fill glasses ¾ full with water and squeeze a half lemon into each (being careful to catch any seeds). Stir.
3. Add ice, serve and enjoy.
1 ripe pear, diced (stem and core discarded)
1 ½ tbsp. honey
1 ½ c. cold filtered water
1. In a small pot combine the pear and honey with 1 ½ cups of cold water.
2. Bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer until soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Cool thoroughly.
What goes with fresh lemonade? Watch our video on how to make the perfect fall salad.